List:       opennms-install
Subject:    [opennms-install] problems with libiplike-postgresql and postgresql
From:       Jorge Cuevas <jcuevas () nesys-st ! com>
Date:       2008-01-15 18:11:46

Hi all,

I am new in this distr-list, and maybe you have already talked a lot
about the problem I already have.

I am trying to install opennms in ubuntu gutsy, and I am following this
howto: http://www.crashinit6.com/blog/?p=10

I am doing the installation with postgresql-8.1, as the howto recomends,
to avoid problems with database creation. Before following this howto, I
tryied installing opennms following debian instructions, but I got
problems with database once I launched opennms install script, so I
started again based on Crashinit6 howto, where is recommended the
installation of  postgresql* 8.1 for avoiding database problems indeed.

The problem is that when I try to install libiplike-postgresql, the
system requests postgresql packet, which can neither be installed as it
requests postgresql-8.2, so  I do not know what to do.

Can anyone give me a clue on next steps?

Thanks in advance,

Jorge