List:       opennms-install
Subject:    Re: [opennms-install] Node-specific notifications. Is it possible?
From:       DJ Gregor <dj () opennms ! org>
Date:       2007-09-29 20:44:46

On Sep 28, 2007, at 4:38 PM, Federico Wang wrote:
> I would really appreciate your help on this one. I'm using OpenNMS
> v.1.2.9 on Debian etch (4.0). Is there a way to send email
> notifications to a user about the events that happen on just one node
> exclusively? Put differently, I would like certain user to receive
> notices about all activity that happens on his server, but I don't
> want to clutter his email inbox with stuff he doesn't care about.

Use a filter (http://www.opennms.org/index.php/Filters) to limit
notifications to the node or group of nodes in question.  You can
filter on a ton of things, and if you need to group nodes, using the
notifyCategory in the assets table is probably a good way to go.
Here are all of the various database columns you can filter on in
1.2.9 (see the filter page mentioned before for details):

http://opennms.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/opennms/opennms/tags/
OPENNMS_1_2_9_RELEASE/etc/database-schema.xml?view=markup

	- djg