List:       opennms-install
Subject:    Re: [opennms-install] High CPU
From:       Joe in MPLS <joe () gracenpeace ! net>
Date:       2007-06-29 15:03:39

I've been running OpenNMS for a few years now. I've had four or five
different versions (of both OpenNMS and java) in production on several
different boxes (single and multi processor, 32 and 64 bit), and except
during startup, top always shows java using 100% of all CPUs. This
happens even if I'm only watching one router, although that router has
350 interfaces...

Reducing logging level didn't help either. As far as I can tell, this is
normal.

             ...jgm