List:       opennms-install
Subject:    Re: [opennms-install] opennms Installation Problem - OpenNMS Could
From:       "DJ Gregor" <dj () opennms ! org>
Date:       2007-05-10 19:02:19

What problem are you having?

The "Connection refused ... (OpenNMS might not be running or could be
starting up or shutting down)" error is normal to see when starting up
OpenNMS with the startup script in verbose mode ("-v").  This is why the
error message explicitly states that OpenNMS might be starting up.  The
lines following that error show that it was able to connect to the
OpenNMS daemon and get status and that the daemons were first in a start
pending state and then moved into a running state.

        - djg