List:       opennms-install
Subject:    Re: [opennms-install] E-mails defined in graphic interface don't
From:       Tarus Balog <tarus () opennms ! org>
Date:       2007-05-01 12:11:11

On Apr 30, 2007, at 4:13 AM, longwave@terra.es wrote:

> What should I do in order to make it work through the
> destinationPaths.
> xml which should be the right way?
>
> This works ok when putting it in the notificationCommands.xml:
>
>     <command binary="true">
>         <name>email</name>
>         <execute>/bin/mail</execute>
>         <comment>for sending email notifications</comment>
>         <argument streamed="false">
>             <substitution>-s</substitution>
>             <switch>-subject</switch>
>         </argument>
>         <argument streamed="false">
>             <substitution>pappli2@rtva.es</substitution>
>             <switch>-email</switch>
>         </argument>
>         <argument streamed="true">
>             <switch>-tm</switch>
>         </argument>

Put the e-mail address "pappli2@rtva.es" as the e-mail address for a
User and put that user in the path.

For example, you have three users: Larry (larry@example.com), Mo
(mo@example.com) and Curly (curly@example.com).

If you have a destination path to "email" Mo and Curly, OpenNMS will
automatically substitute their e-mail addresses in the command at the
point it says:

<switch>-email</switch>

-T

Tarus Balog, OpenNMS Maintainer             Main:   +1 919 533 0160
The OpenNMS Group, Inc.                     Fax:    +1 503 961 7746
Skype: tarusb                               Direct: +1 919 647 4749
Email: tarus@opennms.org                    URL: http://www.opennms.org
PGP Key Fingerprint: 8945 8521 9771 FEC9 5481  512B FECA 11D2 FD82 B45C