List:       opennms-install
Subject:    Re: [opennms-install] OpenNMS,
From:       "Captain Bablam" <captainbablam () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-10-27 12:53:31

So after Reinstalling various components the page comes up fine,
    But on 8080, not sure why I thought 8081 and 8181. Maybe because
that is what I saw on the netstats and lsofs. Thanks for the feedback
Tarus.

     Wade B

On 10/20/06, Tarus Balog <tarus@opennms.org> wrote:

> On Oct 19, 2006, at 1:35 PM, Captain Bablam wrote:
>
> > Good morning all,
> >    To make sure I would not waste everyone's time I went back through
> > the entire install document and twice through the java portion to make
> > sure that I did not miss anything. So the issue is that everything
> > appears to be running and I see the appropriate listening ports on the
> > host but I canot get either the default tomcat4 or the opennms page to
> > load.
> >      While logged into the box if I telnet localhost 8180 I get a
> > listening something;
>
> What O/S? It's is normally port 8080, although something does listen
> internally on 8180. You should always be able to go to http://
> [server]:8080 and get the default tomcat page. If not, check out /var/
> log/tomcat4, especially catalina.out.
>
> -T

> ___
> Tarus Balog, OpenNMS Maintainer Main:   +1 919 545 2553
> The OpenNMS Group, Inc. Fax:    +1 503-961-7746
> Email: tarus@opennms.org        URL: http://www.opennms.org
> PGP Key Fingerprint: 8945 8521 9771 FEC9 5481  512B FECA 11D2 FD82 B45C

"Integrity is more important than perception management"
"There are two kinds of pain, the pain of change and the pain of never changing"