List:       opennms-install
Subject:    Re: [opennms-install] OpenNMS 1.2.8 won't stay running;
From:       Tarus Balog <tarus () opennms ! org>
Date:       2006-06-16 18:32:56

On Jun 16, 2006, at 2:15 PM, skantner@dsscorp.com wrote:

> When I installed the OpenNMS 1.2.8 rpms, the install complained
> about not being ab le to find Postgres or RRDtool, so I installed
> via --nodeps  and then ran the installer scripts per the install
> doc.   I theorized that proper pathing would help OpenNMS find the
> postgres and rrdtool.  Apparently not!

One problem is that the OpenNMS RPMs are built against RRDtool 1.0
not 1.2. Could be an issue there. We do run against 1.2 but you
should probably build for the OpenNMS source for that.

-T

-----

Tarus Balog
The OpenNMS Group, Inc.
Main  : +1 919 533 0160   Fax:   +1 503-961-7746
Direct: +1 919 647 4749   Skype: tarusb
Key Fingerprint: 8945 8521 9771 FEC9 5481  512B FECA 11D2 FD82 B45C