List:       opennms-install
Subject:    Re: [opennms-install] errors with opennms installer
From:       Matthew Hannigan <mlh () zip ! com ! au>
Date:       2006-06-15 5:18:21

On Wed, Jun 14, 2006 at 09:53:30PM -0700, karthik arya wrote:

> [root@thames ~]# export
> JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.2_12
>
> [root@thames ~]# /opt/OpenNMS/bin/install -disU
> OpenNMS Installer Version $Id: Installer.java,v
> 1.35.2.1 2005/03/13 03:57:20 djgregor Exp $
>
> Configures PostgreSQL tables, users, and other
> miscellaneous settings.

.
.
.
> java.util.regex.Pattern.Pattern(java.lang.String, int)
> (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)

               ^^^

It's using gcj java, not the java you specified with
JAVA_HOME above.

I think the fix is mentioned on this list earlier this
year, but I would at least put $JAVA_HOME/bin in
your PATH first:

	JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.2_12
	export JAVA_HOME
	PATH=$JAVA_HOME/bin:$PATH
	export PATH
	/opt/OpenNMS/bin/install -disU

You may want to run 'java -version' to make sure
it's basically working and you are seeing the expected
version.

If you're not using gcj java at all you may want to remove
it:
	sudo yum remove libgcj

Matt