List:       opennms-install
Subject:    Re: [opennms-install] Opens starting fails
From:       Ted Kaczmarek <tedkaz () optonline ! net>
Date:       2005-10-27 11:27:56

On Wed, 2005-10-26 at 19:29 +0200, JEGHAM, Nizar wrote:
> Hi
> I've installed openms 1.4.2 on Fedora core 4 with tomcat4 and sdk
> 1.4.2.
> When executing
>
> # opennms start
> #Started OpenNMS, but it has not finished starting up
>
> #opennms -v status
> #openNMS stopped
>
> I can't find anything in the log files execpt in web.log and the
> message is the following
>
> 2005-10-25 17:07:32,672 WARN  [Thread-1] WEB:
> [RTCPostSubscriberTimerTask] Error subscribing to RTC POSTs
> org.opennms.netmgt.utils.EventProxyException: Exception while sending
> event: Could not connect to event daemon at /127.0.0.1 on port 5817:
> Connection refused
>
>         at
> org.opennms.netmgt.utils.TcpEventProxy.send(TcpEventProxy.java:140)
>         at
> org.opennms.netmgt.utils.TcpEventProxy.send(TcpEventProxy.java:119)
>         at
> org.opennms.web.category.RTCPostSubscriber.sendSubscribeEvent(RTCPostSubscriber.java:122)
>         at
> org.opennms.web.category.RTCPostSubscriber.subscribe(RTCPostSubscriber.java:161)
>         at
> org.opennms.web.category.RTCPostSubscriber.subscribeAll(RTCPostSubscriber.java:213)
>         at org.opennms.web.InitializerServletContextListener
> $RTCPostSubscriberTimerTask.run(InitializerServletContextListener.java:135)
>
>         at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:432)
>         at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:382)
> Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Could not connect to event
> daemon at /127.0.0.1 on port 5817: Connection refused
>         at org.opennms.netmgt.utils.TcpEventProxy
> $Connection.<init>(TcpEventProxy.java:160)
>         at
> org.opennms.netmgt.utils.TcpEventProxy.send(TcpEventProxy.java:134)
>         ... 7 more
> Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
>         at
> java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:305)
>         at
> java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:171)
>         at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:158)
>         at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:452)
>         at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:402)
>         at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:309)
>         at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:153)
>         at org.opennms.netmgt.utils.TcpEventProxy
> $Connection.<init>(TcpEventProxy.java:158)
>         ... 8 more
>

> I tried to figure out a solutio without success
> I think also that I correctly configured the DHCP server and disabled
> the dhclient.
>
> Could anyone help me please
> Thanks

Something is likely floating around still binding to that port, use
netstat and possibly lsof to track down your problem.

Also make sure selinux is off unless you have created new policy that
allows OpenNMS to work :-) If you did get one that works, please submit
it to the wiki, hehe.

You may want to check your environment as well, make sure that
everything is actually using Sun java.

Ted