List:       opennms-install
Subject:    Re: [opennms-install] SNMP Traps - too many
From:       Tarus Balog <tarus () opennms ! org>
Date:       2005-04-19 16:03:50

On Apr 19, 2005, at 2:57 AM, Aaron Wong wrote:

> 1) Limit or reduce the same SNMP trap message reaching OpenNMS console
> 2) A way to acknowledge them so OpenNMS wont display the same message,
> say, within 'X' minutes.

These features are being implemented in the 1.3 development branch.

> I am not a programmer by profession so any help or ideas will be
> appreciated.
> thx!

We get a trap from our linksys router for every connection. I went in
to the configuration for the event (in either eventconf.xml or the
particular file in the events directory) and set the log message from
"logndisplay" to "donotpersist". That will make all of them go away,
which may not be what you want, but it can help get rid of lots of
"informational" traps.

-T
___
Tarus Balog, OpenNMS Maintainer			Main:		+1 919 545 2553
The OpenNMS Group, Inc.					Fax:			+1 503-961-7746
Email: tarus@opennms.org				URL: http://www.opennms.org
PGP Key Fingerprint: 8945 8521 9771 FEC9 5481  512B FECA 11D2 FD82 B45C