List:       opennms-install
Subject:    Re: [opennms-install] Problems with building with Eclipse
From:       arussos () comune ! modena ! it
Date:       2005-03-17 17:16:51

Scrive Matt Brozowski <brozow@opennms.org>:

> On Mar 17, 2005, at 7:18 AM, David Hustace wrote:
>

> > On Mar 17, 2005, at 3:14 AM, arussos@comune.modena.it wrote:
> >
> >> What i'm missing? How can i solve these errors and buil from CVS with
> >> Eclipse?
> >
> > Try modifying one of the xsds in the org.opennms.netmgt.config package
> > (i.e. add a space to the end of a line then Edit/Undo the change and
> > save the file).  This will cause Eclipse to build the castor classes.
>
> I usually have better luck by going to work/castor/....*.java (rather
> than an *.xsd) and changing one of these files.  Eclipse will then
> build then entire source tree.
>
> Does you console show that you are building the castor files?
>
> What version of Eclipse are you using?  I am using Eclipse 3.1
>
> Matt
Hi Matt,
I'm using Eclipse 3.0
...the errors deal with work/castor and work/sablecc folder missing, so how can
i go in work/castor and modify any *.java file?
In the previous post you said that:

>Oh... And I think the default builder runs a script.. which will
>probably not work on WinXP...
>you need to go to the Builders section of the project properties and
>switch to a Ant builder rather then script builder it uses be default.

Can you please explain deeply what do i have to do: i'm REALLY SORRY but i'm not
a java pro so i never use APIs like Eclipse....it's a new world for me and
(possibly) i don't want to became an expert, i just want to build opennms from
source....

Andrea