List:       opennms-install
Subject:    Re: [opennms-install] Manually Deleting an Interface
From:       Matt Brozowski <brozow () opennms ! org>
Date:       2005-02-28 14:32:43

On Feb 25, 2005, at 4:26 PM, Darrell Hyde wrote:

> I'm trying to delete an interface and re-add it through the web
> interface. I deleted the interface through the admin section, but when
> try to re-add it, I get an error say it's a duplicate. It doesn't show
> up anywhere in the webUI though. What do I have to do in the database
> nuke any remnants of the interface that didn't get deleted through the
> webUI?
>
> - Darrell

I suspect this is a bug.  Will you please open it in bugzilla? The
current ipInterface table does not have an ID column.  It uses nodeId,
and ipAddr as the key.  When we delete an interface, initially, it is
only marked as deleted (by setting its isManaged status to 'D')  When
you are trying to create the second one (with the same nodeId and
ipAddr) the existing one already exists.  This is probably the reason
it is failing.

The Vacuumd process deletes at the nodes, interfaces, and services
marked 'D' nightly (though you can change this interval in
vacuumd-configuration.xml.)  Once that happens you should have no
trouble adding you interface.

To work around this problem, you can manually run the query that
deletes interfaces marked 'D' before trying to re-add the interfaces.

Matt
___
Matt Brozowski, OpenNMS Maintainer			Main:	+1 919 812 4984
The OpenNMS Group, Inc.					Fax:		+1 503 961 7746
Email: brozow@opennms.org					URL:	http://www.opennms.com