List:       opennms-discuss
Subject:    [opennms-discuss] This Week in OpenNMS - January 28th, 2019 - Kafka, Karaf, Elasticsearch, and Java
From:       Benjamin Reed <ranger () opennms ! org>
Date:       2019-01-28 19:41:24

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

It's time for This Week in OpenNMS!

Last week we continued a lot of existing projects as well as more bugfixes.

    <#github-project-updates>Github Project Updates

  *

    *Internals, APIs, and Documentation*

      o Antonio continued his work exposing topology data to Kafka.
      o Patrick worked on porting/refactoring the tool to generate test
        topologies to the Karaf CLI.
      o Markus did more work on a new graph service API.
      o I worked on updating our embedded Karaf to 4.2.2.
      o Patrick did more work on his SNMP collector refactor/replacement.
      o Chandra worked on an issue with notifications being sent with no
        associated nodes.
      o Jesse continued to tune his updates to Elasticsearch support.
      o Jesse refactored the event configuration Karaf shell tool to
        rely only on the OIA.
      o I worked on updating us to the latest PostgreSQL JDBC driver.
  *

    *Web & UI*

      o Sebastian did some more work on the daemon refactor and reload page.
      o Markus, Sebastian, and Ronny continued their work on moving to
        Bootstrap 4 for our web UI.
      o I worked on updating us to the latest version of Jetty 9.

    <#upcoming-events-and-appearances>Upcoming Events and Appearances

  *

    *FOSDEM - Brussels, Belgium - February 2nd and 3rd, 2019
    <https://fosdem.org/2019/>*

    Craig Gallen will be giving a lightning talk on OpenNMS and MQTT
    <https://fosdem.org/2019/schedule/track/lightning_talks/> at FOSDEM
    in Brussels this year.

    <#until-next-week>Until Next Week…

If there's anything you'd like me to talk about in a future TWiO, or you
just have a comment or criticism you'd like to share, don't hesitate to
say hi <mailto:twio@opennms.org>.

- Ben

    <#resolved-issues-since-last-twio>Resolved Issues Since Last TWiO

  * HELM-84 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/HELM-84>: Display human
    readable values from nodeResources and nodeFilter
  * HZN-1442 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/HZN-1442>: Update the
    SnmpCollector to use the CollectionSetBuilder
  * HZN-1461 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/HZN-1461>: View event
    configuration definitions from the Karaf shell
  * NMS-9711 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/NMS-9711>: Minion WSMAN
    collector is not functional due to dependency missing
  * NMS-10477 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/NMS-10477>: Use a
    utility function instead of Integer.getInteger
  * NMS-10505 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/NMS-10505>: Add karaf
    logging configuration for Minion/Sentinel
  * NMS-10515 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/NMS-10515>: Wallboard
    URLs with board name should be permalinks, but return "Nothing to
    display" instead
  * NMS-10525 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/NMS-10525>: Event
    parameters table have strong limits for the columns
  * OCE-36 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/OCE-36>: Export data from
    OpenNMS (stored in ES) to an OCE Dataset