List:       opennms-discuss
Subject:    [opennms-discuss] This Week in OpenNMS - January 14th, 2019 - Correlation, Kafka, Syslog, Docker, an
From:       Benjamin Reed <ranger () opennms ! org>
Date:       2019-01-14 16:59:35

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

It's time for This Week in OpenNMS!

Last week we did more alarm correlation updates, lots of Kafka fixes and
enhancements, worked on a new SNMP collector, and did a lot of other
smaller changes.

    <#github-project-updates>Github Project Updates

  *

    *Internals, APIs, and Documentation*

      o Jesse worked on handling clock skew when triggering alarms in
        Alarmd.
      o Matt worked on making it possible for the integration API to
        handle situation feedback without Kafka.
      o Antonio continued his work to publish topology data to Kafka.
      o Patrick started work on a new SnmpCollector that works with Minions.
      o Chandra did more work on handling caching/large buffer sizes in
        Kafka RPC.
      o I did some more fixes to my |opennms| shell refactor.
      o I worked on attempting to update to a newer version of HikariCP.
      o Matt added support for optionally attaching the raw syslog
        message to Syslogd-generated events.
      o Ronny worked on refactoring/replacing our Docker test images.
  *

    *Web & UI*

      o I fixed some issues in the group-by-node portion of Helm's alarm
        details tab.

    <#until-next-week>Until Next Week…

If there's anything you'd like me to talk about in a future TWiO, or you
just have a comment or criticism you'd like to share, don't hesitate to
say hi <mailto:twio@opennms.org>.

- Ben

    <#resolved-issues-since-last-twio>Resolved Issues Since Last TWiO

  * HELM-121 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/HELM-121>: Related alarm
    view should show the node label
  * HZN-1433 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/HZN-1433>: Update
    integration api to handle alarm feedback without Kafka
  * HZN-1441 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/HZN-1441>: Send
    inventory to OCE without Kafka using integration API
  * HZN-1452 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/HZN-1452>: POC of a
    Graph Service which tackles all existing issues with the current
    Topology appraoch + allows exposing graphs via Rest
  * NMS-9273 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/NMS-9273>: Create
    Topology Service Updates in enlinkd
  * NMS-9659 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/NMS-9659>:
    BestMatchPingerFactory returns NullPinger when better options are
    available
  * NMS-10454 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/NMS-10454>: Support
    Additional EIF Protocol Version
  * OCE-33 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/OCE-33>: Flag devices and
    ignore comparison when clock skew is detected
  * OCE-34 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/OCE-34>: Match and
    classify CPN Tickets and OpenNMS Situations
  * OCE-35 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/OCE-35>: Match CPN Events
    and OpenNMS Events