List:       opennms-discuss
Subject:    [opennms-discuss] This Week in OpenNMS: August 27th, 2018
From:       Benjamin Reed <ranger () opennms ! org>
Date:       2018-08-27 18:00:25

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

It's time for This Week in OpenNMS!

Last week we did a lot of finishing work on in-progress projects and
fixed a bunch of bugs.

    <#github-project-updates>Github Project Updates

  *

    *Internals, APIs, and Documentation*

      o David did more work on the correlation feedback support in Sextant.
      o Patrick did a few more updates to Linkd calculation performance
        in Topology.
      o Chandra merged Malatesh's work to provide a Kafka/ActiveMQ event
        sink.
      o Christian fixed the properties cache to use a time-based cache
        to save memory.
      o David Hustace wrapped up his single-alarm tracking changes,
        including documenting Alarmd.
      o I finished up my minion status tracker branch.
      o Christian fixed the JavaMailer to properly set |Content-Type|.
      o Jesse did some fixes to the way alarm statuses propagate to
        Situations.
  *

    *Web & UI*

      o I wrapped up the JS custom date format enhancements.
      o Patrick did more changes to the way exceptions are shown in the
        web UI.

    <#upcoming-events-and-appearances>Upcoming Events and Appearances

  *

    *UK Network Operators' Forum - September 11th, 2018
    <https://indico.uknof.org.uk/event/43>*

    Tarus will be speaking at the UK Network Operators Forum
    <https://indico.uknof.org.uk/event/43/contributions> on September
    11th, 2018. He'll be giving a talk called "What's Happening with
    OpenNMS" going over some of the recent enhancements to OpenNMS to
    extend scalability.

  *

    *OpenNMS User Conference Europe 2018 - September 20th through 21st,
    2018 <https://ouce.opennms.eu/>*

    OUCE 2018 <https://ouce.opennms.eu/> will be held at the Rilano
    Hotel in Munich, Germany <https://www.rilano-hotel-muenchen.de/>. A
    reception will be held on Wednesday the 19th, with talks and
    workshops the following Thursday and Friday.

    <#until-next-week>Until Next Week…

If there's anything you'd like me to talk about in a future TWiO, or you
just have a comment or criticism you'd like to share, don't hesitate to
say hi <mailto:twio@opennms.org>.

- Ben

    <#resolved-issues-since-last-twio>Resolved Issues Since Last TWiO

  * HELM-71 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/HELM-71>: Error messages
    from validateTarget() are never shown to the user
  * HELM-102 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/HELM-102>: Display and
    Accept Alarm Correlation Feedback in HELM
  * HZN-1331 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/HZN-1331>: Consume
    events from Kafka
  * HZN-1378 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/HZN-1378>: Evaluate
    leader election strategies for Sentinel
  * NMS-3974 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/NMS-3974>: maxRetCode in
    HttpDetector does not work
  * NMS-9027 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/NMS-9027>: Content-Type
    tag wrong in emailed reports
  * NMS-9267 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/NMS-9267>: The upgrade
    task for magic-users.properties fails because of the read-only attribute
  * NMS-9921 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/NMS-9921>: Investigate
    OutOfMemoryException on demo.opennms.org
  * NMS-10072 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/NMS-10072>: Normalize
    date formats across the WebUI
  * NMS-10232 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/NMS-10232>: render
    dateformat for AngularJS
  * NMS-10233 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/NMS-10233>: render date
    for Javascript with moment.js
  * NMS-10295 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/NMS-10295>: implement
    minion "status" field
  * NMS-10319 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/NMS-10319>: Flow:
    Ingress/egress traffic is improperly reported when filtering by ifIndex
  * NMS-10325 <https://issues.opennms.org/browse/NMS-10325>: Getting
    Java.Null exception error message when trying to delete notification
    path.