List:       opennms-discuss
Subject:    Re: [opennms-discuss] Upgrade of opennms fails to start
From:       Jonathan Heard <jonathan.heard () devinfotech ! co ! uk>
Date:       2018-08-21 14:01:55

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Wayne,

    Debian Strech uses systemd so I'm not quite sure where exactly
you'll find the service startup scripts in this case. On pre-systemd
machines OPENNMS_HOME will be defined in the file /etc/init.d/opennms -
The OpenNMS docs suggest that only the RHEL version is using systemd but
I'm going to take a guess that the documentation hasn't caught up yet.

It could be worth re-running the upgrade/install scripts again to see if
this correctly sets up the environment:
https://docs.opennms.org/opennms/releases/17.0.0/guide-install/guide-install.html#gi-install-opennms-deb-init

On a debian system you'll normally find OPENNMS_HOME to be in
/usr/share/opennms which is different from the /opt based path used in
RHEL/CentOS

HTH

Jonathan