List:       opennms-discuss
Subject:    Re: [opennms-discuss] monitoring JAVA VM...
From:       Les Mikesell <lesmikesell () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-05-22 15:08:50

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 8:42 AM, Sachin Saitawadekar
<sachinsaitawadekar@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the quick reply.
>
> Yes. I can view the Opennms-JVM resource graph where my openNMS is
> installed, also I have gone through the below url which you mentioned in
> trail mail=A0 i.e. http://www.opennms.org/wiki/Tomcat_5.5_JMX_How-To this=
 also
> did not work for me.
>
> But I want to monitor remote tomcat JVM server.
>
> Have you done this type of JVM monitoring. If yes then could you please
> upload the steps.

I don't think I can be more specific than those guides.  You just have
to debug a step at a time to find where your configuration is failing.
 First, are you using capsd or provisiond to discover the service, and
is it being detected when you rescan the node?   If not, the capd.log
or provisiond.log files may give you a hint.

-- =

   Les Mikesell
      lesmikesell@gmail.com

---
Live Security Virtual Conference
Exclusive live event will cover all the ways today's security and =

threat landscape has changed and how IT managers can respond. Discussions =

will include endpoint security, mobile security and the latest in malware =