List:       opennms-discuss
Subject:    Re: [opennms-discuss] OpenNMS - Negative index values for Physical
From:       Alejandro Galue <agalue () sync ! com ! ve>
Date:       2011-06-30 19:07:35

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hello Klaus,

JoeSNMP was the first SNMP library used by OpenNMS. In order to support SNMPv3, \
SNMP4J has been added as an alternative SNMP library which is the default library \
used in current versions since 1.3 (I guess). So, if you don't need SNMPv3, you could \
use JoeSNMP.

http://www.opennms.org/wiki/SNMPv3_protocol_configuration

Besides that, I'm not really sure about the differences between them.

In my installations where I have a lot of Solaris 10 servers with their native SNMP \
agent, I found that JoeSNMP works better (at least for me).

Alejandro.