List:       opennms-discuss
Subject:    Re: [opennms-discuss] SNMP alarm clearing
From:       "kobi.biton" <kobi () comns ! co ! il>
Date:       2011-06-28 22:16:35

Andrew,

  I can think on 2 possible workarounds (hopefully I understood your
problem):

1. Omit the Alarm "Reduction Key" , when an Alarm does not have its
reduction key it means that it cannot be auto cleared
    Which means that every event that turn into alarms a NEW alarm entry
should be logged to the DB (AFAIK)  , Having said that It also mean that you
will need to clear alarms via the REST API rather then openNMS  auto
clearing them ...

2. When an Alarm has a reduction key and a new event arrives which matches
the reduction key , instead of creating a new Alarm entry to the DB the
following fields are updated on the Alarm Table for this specific
Event/Alarm : lastEventTime, lastEventID

  I am not familiar with the REST API capabilities however If you can get
the lastEventTime you might want to check if over the last 30 seconds the
alarm was updated if so (Even if it was ACKed) you should treat it as an
uncleared / unack... event / alarm...

Kobi.