List:       opennms-discuss
Subject:    [opennms-discuss] Problem with SNMP
From:       Russell Miller <rmiller () duskglow ! com>
Date:       2011-01-05 22:12:51

Hi all,

Setting up an opennms system, and having pretty good luck.  Running into
a problem though.

A node is running debian lenny.  I configured snmpd on it, and
confirmed it work.  I set opennms loose on it, and it appears to have
gathered the appropriate information via snmp.  however, it also appears
that ucd-snmp got the interface speed wrong.  I fixed that in the
ucd-snmp config, and verified not only that it worked but that I could
walk using the correct community from the opennms machine.

However, there appears to be no way to make this change take.  I
attempted a rescan, and nothing.  Not only that, but no "update SNMP"
link appears on the node, even though the graphs do appear to be
updating.

I'm using the latest stable opennms, and verified the communities are
correct.

Any ideas?
--
Russell Miller <rmiller@duskglow.com>