List:       opennms-discuss
Subject:    [opennms-discuss] Cannot mark physical interface to be marked as
From:       SugunaKumar B <sugunbangady () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-11-29 9:53:56

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi,

I am using OpenNMS 1.8.5 on Ubuntu 10.04 server.  I wrote to this
community couple of days back regarding the same subject.  I would like
to give you few more details.  As I said I have a Foundry SuprX core
switch where in OpenNMS 305 interfaces have been listed out in
'Admin->Configure SNMP Data Collection per Interface
<http://10.3.0.15:8980/opennms/admin/snmpGetInterfaces?node=331&nodelabel=SuperX-Core%20Switch>
under this node page.  Out which 62 are physical interfaces (Switch
Ports) without IP and rest are virtual interfaces with IP. All the
virtual interfaces are marked as "collect" and physical interfaces
"Don't Collect" by default.  And the port numbers where the traffic flow
exists or connectivity exists, the line shown in Green color.  No my
problem is, I want to present a graph with traffic on all the ports
where the connectivity exists.  But when i try to mark these ports to
"collect" mode in the above said option for data collection, it
doesn't.  When  I mark it, it changes later it marks it back as "dont
collect"  Please let me know what could be the problem.  One more fact,
when I change the snmpStorageFlag to "all" as collection scheme, I get
all the graph but server response becomes very slow, sometimes it
becomes hardly difficult to browse the pages.  By default it is "select"

Is there any restriction for the interfaced to be marked as "collect"?
OR any other problem?.  In some other switches where there is no ip set
for the interface, I could get the graph.
Please guide me.

Is there any problem in keep on upgrading the OpenNMS server to its
newer versions?  Like I started with 1.3.x & now 1.8.5.  I kept on
upgrading the system.

Regards,
Suguna Kumar B.