List:       opennms-discuss
Subject:    Re: [opennms-discuss] Antw:  Fw: 30 seconad outage issue
From:       "Michael Seibold" <Michael.Seibold () barmer-gek ! de>
Date:       2010-05-27 8:29:33

Sorry, but I already wrote what I would do. The configuration you are
running now doesn't make any sense in my opinion. I'm still not
convinced that those are FALSE outages. Maybe your network has some
problems you don't know, but that's why we all use network management
tools to find them.

- Michael

> > > Anup Bhavsar <anupbhavasar@yahoo.com> 27.05.2010 08:27 >>>
Hello Michael,

Thank you for your response and suggestions.
Actually I increased the interval and retry valuse after reading some
article posted on forum and was observing system's behavior.
Here intension was to supress those false outages which are generated
for 30 sec. My understanding was if I increase interval, then system
will unable to report 30 sec outage as SNMP poll will occur in every 30
second.

Regarding notification in /opt/opennms/etc/destinationPaths.xml, I
changed it to 1 min and don't want to set it more that 1 min as NOMS
system is monitoring other services which are in production environment
and team should get alert call for other services.
Through GUI option, I have superssed the Notification aleart calls for
these FALSE outages.

Now my concern is, I am not getting any alert call for these outages
but I want to stop these 30 second outages which system is generating.

Is there any way, NOMS system shouldn't generate 30 second false outage
messages.
I would appreciate if you could help me to fix this problem.
Thanks & Regards,
Anup Bhavsar
+91 99869 13412

--- On Wed, 5/26/10, Michael Seibold <Michael.Seibold@barmer-gek.de>