List:       opennms-discuss
Subject:    Re: [opennms-discuss] Escalating Alarms
From:       Daniel Hammon <opennms () hammon ! info>
Date:       2010-04-28 13:11:12

On Wed, 28.04 11:08, David Hustace wrote:

> In the 1.7.10 version, you will get an event that is generated when
> the user escalates an alarm: uei.opennms.org/ackd/acknowledgment that
> you can use.  This event is overloaded and has the userid, and the
> action the user requested: acknowledge, escalate, clear, unclear.  If
> you then base a notification on this event you will receive
> notifications if the alarm is treated in this manner by the user in
> the UI or if Ackd is configured the same events are generated by users
> replying to notifications that also have associated alarms.

That is really interesting. I tried that with my 1.7.10 installation but no
event is generated no matter to which level I escalate. No entry in event od ackd log \
(both set to debug). I have a event definition for \
uei.opennms.org/ackd/acknowledgment but nothing more.
Is that implemented already? Or is there wometing to acitvate?

Daniel