List:       opennms-discuss
Subject:    Re: [opennms-discuss] Graphing memory statistics from net-snmp
From:       Les Mikesell <lesmikesell () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-06-29 12:54:57

Dominik Klein wrote:

>>> rocommunity  stats 10.2.50.104
>>> com2sec stats 10.2.50.104 stats
>>> agentaddress  10.2.20.85
>>> sysLocation Buero_DK
>>> sysName DK
>>>
>>> Sorry. This is the actual config file.
>> That doesn't look like any of the examples I've seen.  I don't know what you get
>> if you don't define a view.
>>

> Could you please share one of your working examples?

I only changed the community string and view from the one included in the Centos
distribution.

I think this is the relevant part:

####
# First, map the community name "public" into a "security name"

#       sec.name  source
com2sec notConfigUser  default       my_community_name

####
# Second, map the security name into a group name:

#       groupName      securityModel securityName
group   notConfigGroup v1           notConfigUser
group   notConfigGroup v2c           notConfigUser

####
# Third, create a view for us to let the group have rights to:

view    systemview    included   .1
####
# Finally, grant the group read-only access to the systemview view.
#       group          context sec.model sec.level prefix read   write  notif
access  notConfigGroup ""      any       noauth    exact  systemview none none

--
    Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell@gmail.com