List:       opennms-discuss
Subject:    Re: [opennms-discuss] Pollerd problem - Tuning performance
From:       David Hustace <david () opennms ! org>
Date:       2005-04-17 14:22:22

On Apr 13, 2005, at 4:22 AM, aitor_goiri@ieci.es wrote:

I believe to make this problem easier for you to solve, you need to go
back to a reasonable number of threads.  In the long run, I seriously
doubt that it would take 500 threads do meet your polling requirements.
  All this does is slam your system when OpenNMS starts up.  OpenNMS
will automatically reduce the number of threads in the pool based on
the number required to finish polling in 5 minutes, anyway.  Let's
reduce the number of threads back to < 50 and, if I were you, I would
change retries to 1 on all your monitors.

-D