List:       opennms-devel
Subject:    [opennms-devel] Capabilities discovery Help
From:       Saurabh Seth <dceseth () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-10-08 5:14:40

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

hi all,

i am trying to write an xml based capabilities search (this xml would
contain info about the various capabilities running on the remote host), for
that i need to know how to communicate with the discoveryd and the pollerd
since capsd comes in between them. as in how the communication occurs
between these daemons , what all events are generated and where are they
generated . it would be very nice if anyone could help me on this and guide
me which module to call where and which event to generate (and how) and
which event to listen(how ) to where.

i would also later require to poll these services on the basis of the xml
file , that is the xml would contain info whether a particular service is up
or not.so i would need to know what should i do after i parse the xml , once
in the capsd and then in the pollerd (what all events to generate , what all
to add to the databse and stuff).
Please guide me how to go about it .

Thanking you,
Saurabh Seth