List:       opennms-devel
Subject:    Re: [opennms-devel] building on FreeBSD
From:       Brent Verner <brent () rcfile ! org>
Date:       2005-09-05 3:44:42

[2005-09-04 23:19] Matt Brozowski said:

| On Sep 4, 2005, at 5:57 PM, Brent Verner wrote:

| >  I've successfully built (and am running!) ONMS on FreeBSD (5.4).
| >There
| >were a few problems I had building (with the native 1.4.2 jdk).

| Thanks so much!  If you go to bugs.opennms.org and create a login then
| you can open a bug for these (or there may already be a bug for failure
| on one of the BSDs can't remember which)  If you submit your changes as
| a unified diff against one of the releases that would help alot!!!

  Sure, I'll send a patch :-)  I'll also send the patch to the
freebsd-java list to see if someone out there can help test the
patch on other configurations -- mostly I'm curious if the __bswap_64
hackery will work with the linux-emulated jdks.

| After we commit your patches, would you be willing/able to make
| distrubtion images for FreeBSD that we can upload to SF.net?  Then
| everyone can download them.

  I'd certainly work with a FBSD port maintainer to get a port
created -- I'm sure someone else might want to run ONMS on BSD ;-)

cheers!
	Brent