List:       openmrs-implementers
Subject:    Re: Ideas for Ebola Hackaton
From:       Evelyn Castle <evelynlcastle () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-10-22 13:16:46

Dear All,

Thanks for the feedback - please see below a bit more information:

We are developing a fully integrated disease outbreak management
toolset with a strong focus on usability, mobility and scalability. We
are working on the following integrated modules:

- Call Centre for data entry and information portal
- Contact tracking with full mobile/ tablet support
- Case management
- Lab result management
- Burial management

All modules support notifications on various events and allow import
from Epi Info 7 (VHF), Excel and Email. We also use Formhub and that
toolchain for fast prototyping and iterative requirements gathering.

Our software stack is based on CouchDB and AngualarJS with some Python
and Django.

On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 11:35 AM, Judy <judywawira@gmail.com> wrote:

> This is pretty amazing
>
> Are your systems used by community health workers or at the hospitals or
> by the patients themselves ?
>
> Judy
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Oct 21, 2014, at 5:29 AM, Evelyn Castle <evelynlcastle@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Dear All,
>
> My name is Evelyn Castle. I am the director for eHealth Africa. We created
> the Ebola contact tracing system that was used in Nigeria to contain the
> ebola outbreak. Because of the work that we did in Nigeria, we were asked
> to work in Sierra Leone, Liberia, and Guinea. We currently have teams on
> the ground in all 3 countries and are working on developing ebola response
> data systems that are open-source and can be used in any location.
>
> We have a small team of developers in each country as well as a team in
> Berlin working on creating these data systems. But, we definitely need more
> support. We are looking for people who can work in  javascript design and
> couchdb. If anyone is interested, please let me know and I will connect you
> with the development team.
>
> Thanks
> Evelyn
>

> On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 7:09 AM, Pascal Brandt <psbrandt@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi Tammy,
> >
> > There appears to be some publicly available Ebola data here:
> > http://eboladata.org/. Also, I've just completed some research
> > <http://scholar.google.com/citations?view_op=view_citation&hl=en&user=MTGxL2kAAAAJ&citation_for_view=MTGxL2kAAAAJ:u5HHmVD_uO8C>
> >  involving prediction using Weka, so let me know if you want to collaborate
> > on putting some models together.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Pascal
> >

> > On 21 October 2014 01:58, Julius Awakame <J.Awakame08@leeds.ac.uk> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi All,
> > >
> > > Our Nigerian colleagues might be most helpful here. Nigeria had Ebola
> > > with treatment centres and now officially declared free of Ebola.
> > > If our colleagues can get hold of the records at these centres, we can
> > > find out what data was collected and proceed from there.
> > > As for the active treatment centres, it is doubtful if they will be in
> > > the frame of mind to help.
> > >
> > > Having said that, in most of the West African countries (certainly
> > > Ghana), extensive Ebola-readiness training had been done.
> > > We can get enough info to begin with.
> > >
> > > Dr Julius Awakame MB.ChB, MSc, MCSE, MCDBA
> > > PhD Student, Yorkshire Centre for Health Informatics, University of
> > > Leeds, UK
> > > Founder/President, West African Health Informatics Fellowship Program
> > > Program Coordinator, Health Information Management
> > > Director, West African Centre for Health Informatics (W.A.C.H.I)
> > > Anglican University College of Technology(ANG.U.TECH)
> [...]

[Attachment #3 (text/html)]

style="font-family:arial,sans-serif;font-size:13px">We are developing a fully \
integrated disease outbreak management</span><br \
style="font-family:arial,sans-serif;font-size:13px"><span \
style="font-family:arial,sans-serif;font-size:13px">toolset with a strong focus on \
usability, mobility and scalability. We</span><br \
style="font-family:arial,sans-serif;font-size:13px"><span \
style="font-family:arial,sans-serif;font-size:13px">are working on the following \
integrated modules:</span><br style="font-family:arial,sans-serif;font-size:13px"><br \
style="font-family:arial,sans-serif;font-size:13px"><span \
style="font-family:arial,sans-serif;font-size:13px">- Call Centre for data entry and \
information portal</span><br \
style="font-family:arial,sans-serif;font-size:13px"><span \
style="font-family:arial,sans-serif;font-size:13px">- Contact tracking with full \
mobile/ tablet support</span><br \
style="font-family:arial,sans-serif;font-size:13px"><span \
style="font-family:arial,sans-serif;font-size:13px">- Case management</span><br \
style="font-family:arial,sans-serif;font-size:13px"><span \
style="font-family:arial,sans-serif;font-size:13px">- Lab result management</span><br \
style="font-family:arial,sans-serif;font-size:13px"><span \
style="font-family:arial,sans-serif;font-size:13px">- Burial management</span><br \
style="font-family:arial,sans-serif;font-size:13px"><br \
style="font-family:arial,sans-serif;font-size:13px"><span \
style="font-family:arial,sans-serif;font-size:13px">All modules support notifications \
on various events and allow import</span><br \
style="font-family:arial,sans-serif;font-size:13px"><span \
style="font-family:arial,sans-serif;font-size:13px">from Epi Info 7 (VHF), Excel and \
Email. We also use Formhub and that</span><br \
style="font-family:arial,sans-serif;font-size:13px"><span \
style="font-family:arial,sans-serif;font-size:13px">toolchain for fast prototyping \
and iterative requirements gathering.</span><br \
style="font-family:arial,sans-serif;font-size:13px"><br \
style="font-family:arial,sans-serif;font-size:13px"><span \
style="font-family:arial,sans-serif;font-size:13px">Our software stack is based on \
CouchDB and AngualarJS with some Python</span><br \
style="font-family:arial,sans-serif;font-size:13px"><span \
style="font-family:arial,sans-serif;font-size:13px">and \
class="gmail_quote">On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 11:35 AM, Judy <span dir="ltr">&lt;<a \
href="mailto:judywawira@gmail.com" \
solid;padding-left:1ex"><div dir="auto"><div>This is pretty amazing  \
Castle &lt;<a href="mailto:evelynlcastle@gmail.com" \
Castle. I am the director for eHealth Africa. We created the Ebola contact tracing \
system that was used in Nigeria to contain the ebola outbreak. Because of the work \
that we did in Nigeria, we were asked to work in Sierra Leone, Liberia, and Guinea. \
We currently have teams on the ground in all 3 countries and are working on \
developing ebola response data systems that are open-source and can be used in any \
as well as a team in Berlin working on creating these data systems. But, we \
definitely need more support. We are looking for people who can work in  <span \
style="color:rgb(38,38,38);font-family:arial,sans-serif;font-size:13px;line-height:16px"> \
design and couchdb. If anyone is interested, please let me know and I will connect \
class="gmail_extra"><br><div class="gmail_quote">On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 7:09 AM, \
Pascal Brandt <span dir="ltr">&lt;<a href="mailto:psbrandt@gmail.com" \
be some publicly available Ebola data here:  <a href="http://eboladata.org/" \
target="_blank">http://eboladata.org/</a>. Also, I&#39;ve just completed <a \
href="http://scholar.google.com/citations?view_op=view_citation&amp;hl=en&amp;user=MTGxL2kAAAAJ&amp;citation_for_view=MTGxL2kAAAAJ:u5HHmVD_uO8C" \
target="_blank">some research</a> involving prediction using Weka, so let me know if \
you want to collaborate on putting some models \
class="gmail_extra"><br><div class="gmail_quote">On 21 October 2014 01:58, Julius \
Awakame <span dir="ltr">&lt;<a href="mailto:J.Awakame08@leeds.ac.uk" \
solid;padding-left:1ex">Hi All,<br> <br>
Our Nigerian colleagues might be most helpful here. Nigeria had Ebola with treatment \
centres and now officially declared free of Ebola.<br> If our colleagues can get hold \
of the records at these centres, we can find out what data was collected and proceed \
from there.<br> As for the active treatment centres, it is doubtful if they will be \
in the frame of mind to help.<br> <br>
Having said that, in most of the West African countries (certainly Ghana), extensive \
Ebola-readiness training had been done.<br> We can get enough info to begin with.<br>
Dr Julius Awakame MB.ChB, MSc, MCSE, MCDBA<br>
PhD Student, Yorkshire Centre for Health Informatics, University of Leeds, UK<br>
Founder/President, West African Health Informatics Fellowship Program<br>
...<br>
Program Coordinator, Health Information Management<br>
Director, West African Centre for Health Informatics (W.A.C.H.I)<br>
Anglican University College of Technology(ANG.U.TECH)<br>
P. O. Box 1167,<br>
Teshie-Nungua Estate,<br>
Accra, Ghana<br>
Email: <a href="mailto:julius@wahifp.org" target="_blank">julius@wahifp.org</a> | <a \
                href="mailto:J.Awakame08@leeds.ac.uk" \
                target="_blank">J.Awakame08@leeds.ac.uk</a><br>
Phone: <a href="tel:%2B44%20740%20262%204869" value="+447402624869" \
                target="_blank">+44 740 262 4869</a><br>
Skype: julius.awakame<br>
________________________________________<br>
From: <a href="mailto:bmamlin@gmail.com" target="_blank">bmamlin@gmail.com</a> [<a \
href="mailto:bmamlin@gmail.com" target="_blank">bmamlin@gmail.com</a>] On Behalf Of \
Burke Mamlin [<a href="mailto:burke@openmrs.org" \
                target="_blank">burke@openmrs.org</a>]<br>
You&#39;re not alone.   I believe Hamish will be sending out something soon about \
coordinating an Ebola response within the OpenMRS community.   Folks in various \
contries are all considering OpenMRS-related solutions.   To the extent we can \
coordinate efforts (i.e., work on different aspects of the same solution), we can get \
farther quicker.   We&#39;ve got <a href="http://devtest03.openmrs.org" \
target="_blank">devtest03.openmrs.org</a>&lt;<a \
href="http://devtest03.openmrs.org:8080/openmrs/" \
target="_blank">http://devtest03.openmrs.org:8080/openmrs/</a>&gt; running to build a \
straw man solution.   For ebola-related discussion, see <a \
href="http://ebola.openmrs.org" target="_blank">ebola.openmrs.org</a>&lt;<a \
href="http://ebola.openmrs.org" target="_blank">http://ebola.openmrs.org</a>&gt;.   \
The most important ingredient will be input from people on the front lines of the \
ebola crisis (i.e., physically at the sites treating patients) who can specify \
exactly what data are being collected and how it needs to be used.<br> <br>
Cheers,<br>
-Burke<br>
On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 9:27 AM, Mário Areias &lt;<a \
href="mailto:mario.s.s.areias@gmail.com" \
target="_blank">mario.s.s.areias@gmail.com</a>&lt;mailto:<a \
href="mailto:mario.s.s.areias@gmail.com" \
We are trying to plan a Hackaton here in Thoughtworks Brasil, the ideas is to come up \
with new software or improving existing ones to help on the Ebola Crisis. I have seen \
some initiatives here on OpenMRS related to that. If you guys have an idea of \
software that can be helpful (sing OpenMRS or not), please let me know, so we can try \
to build it on our Hackaton.<br> <br>
Thanks!<br>
Mário<br>
--<br>
OpenMRS Implementers: <a href="http://om.rs/implist" \
href="mailto:implementers@openmrs.org" \
target="_blank">implementers@openmrs.org</a>&lt;mailto:<a \
href="mailto:implementers@openmrs.org" \
Visit OpenMRS Talk for in-depth &amp; casual conversation: <a \
href="https://talk.openmrs.org/" target="_blank">https://talk.openmrs.org/</a><br> \
                target="_blank">http://om.rs/implist</a><br>
Post: <a href="mailto:implementers@openmrs.org" \
href="https://talk.openmrs.org/" target="_blank">https://talk.openmrs.org/</a><br> \
--<br>
OpenMRS Implementers: <a href="http://om.rs/implist" \
                target="_blank">http://om.rs/implist</a><br>
Post: <a href="mailto:implementers@openmrs.org" \
href="https://talk.openmrs.org/" target="_blank">https://talk.openmrs.org/</a><br> \

-- <br>
OpenMRS Implementers: <a href="http://om.rs/implist" \
                target="_blank">http://om.rs/implist</a><br>
Post: <a href="mailto:implementers@openmrs.org" \
href="https://talk.openmrs.org/" target="_blank">https://talk.openmrs.org/</a><br>

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to <a \
href="mailto:implementers+unsubscribe@openmrs.org" \
Castle<br>Co-Director, eHealth Nigeria<br><a href="tel:%2B1%20415%20545%208289" \
value="+14155458289" target="_blank">+1 415 545 8289</a> (US)<br>website: <a \
href="http://www.eHealthNigeria.org" \
target="_blank">http://www.eHealthNigeria.org</a><br>blog: <a \
href="http://www.evelyncastle.com" \

-- <br>
OpenMRS Implementers: <a href="http://om.rs/implist" \
                target="_blank">http://om.rs/implist</a><br>
Post: <a href="mailto:implementers@openmrs.org" \
href="https://talk.openmrs.org/" target="_blank">https://talk.openmrs.org/</a><br>

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to <a \
href="mailto:implementers+unsubscribe@openmrs.org" \

-- <br>
OpenMRS Implementers: <a href="http://om.rs/implist" \
                target="_blank">http://om.rs/implist</a><br>
Post: <a href="mailto:implementers@openmrs.org" \
href="https://talk.openmrs.org/" target="_blank">https://talk.openmrs.org/</a><br>

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to <a \
href="mailto:implementers+unsubscribe@openmrs.org" \
href="http://www.eHealthNigeria.org">http://www.eHealthNigeria.org</a><br>blog: <a \
href="http://www.evelyncastle.com">http://www.evelyncastle.com</a><br>skype: \
evelynlcastle </div>