List:       openmrs-dev
Subject:    AW: Custom HL7 Handlers: How are they recognized by OpenMRS
From:       "Wettig, Martin" <Martin.Wettig () charite ! de>
Date:       2014-03-27 11:24:14

Hi Darius,

thanks for providing the links.

Kind Regards,

Martin
Von: djazayeri@gmail.com [djazayeri@gmail.com] im Auftrag von Darius Jazayeri \
                [darius@openmrs.org]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 27. März 2014 03:10
An: dev

Hi Martin,

There are two HL7 handlers defined in OpenMRS core here: \
https://github.com/openmrs/openmrs-core/blob/master/api/src/main/resources/applicationContext-service.xml#L368

What that example module code does is append more handlers to this list.

(I fixed the link in the wiki page you reference to point to the correct module code \
in github. Though it's still old-school pre-maven code.)

-Darius

On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 1:20 PM, Wettig, Martin \
<Martin.Wettig@charite.de<mailto:Martin.Wettig@charite.de>> wrote: Dear all,

we need to support some other HL7 message types, so we want to implement some custom \
handlers.

According to this page: https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Custom+HL7+Handlers I \
assume that OpenMRS reads the message type from the MSH segment and then looks up \
which handler to call.

But in the bean xml code

<bean factory-method="getInstance">
  <property name="HL7Handlers">
    <map>
    </map>
  </property>
</bean>

there is no map from the type, e.g. ADT_A04, to the intended handler class.

My question for now is how does OpenMRS know which handler should be called when \
reading a message from the hl7_in_queue?

Any explanation is appreciated.

Thanks for your answers.

Kind Regards,

Martin Wettig