List:       openmosix-general
Subject:    Re: [openMosix-general] Uses for a cluster
From:       "Evan Hisey" <ehisey () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-06-29 17:17:58

Chris-
  Depends on waht I am doing. For actual production of new stuff I
used Cinellera(?) from Heroine Warrior, good pacakge but needs
horsepower. That makes it a good fit for cluster and the fact that it
has a built in support for renderfarms. For conversion I used  custom
chian based on mplayer/mencoder, mjpeg tools, and vcdimager.I think
transcode also worked well on cluster with it's internal pipeline.

Evan