List:       openmosix-general
Subject:    Re: [openMosix-general] OpenMosix on SuSE 10.1
From:       Ralf Oelschlaegel <oelschla () informatik ! hu-berlin ! de>
Date:       2006-06-26 8:51:50

postmaster@pcos.dyndns.org wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Has anyone tried to run OpenMosix on either SuSE 10.0 or 10.1?  The 2.6
> Beta RPM will not install properly, and I have not been able to find any
> info on downgrading to a 2.4 kernel.
>
> Any information on running OpenMosix on SuSE 10.0 or 10.1 would be
> greatly appreciated :-)
2.6 is alpha and the best way to compile a kernel is:
http://openmosix.snarc.org/wakka.php?wiki=GetTheSource

I built such kernel for SuSE 10.0 and 10.1 and migration "by hand" is working.
No working userland tools avalaible.

For a product cluster use a 2.4-kernel SuSE-distri. We have 20 nodes with 8.2
running since a long time.

Ralf