List:       openmosix-general
Subject:    Fwd: [openMosix-general] strange memory behavior with oM
From:       jafarim <jafarim () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-06-01 11:42:26

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: jafarim <jafarim@gmail.com>
Date: May 31, 2006 1:04 PM
To: moshe@moshebar.com

I have a written a small program that acts as a scheduler. It gets a list of
job to be run and then selects a small portion of these jobs and runs them
on the cluster. The jobs are of two kind. Type-1 jobs are generators that
generate a file which type-2 jobs then consume. I use Qt 4.1.2 for wirting
the scheduler and there may be memory leaks as I am not a very skilled
programmer. But if you remeber I said that even when I stop this scheduler
the memory is not freed and this is only happening on remote nodes and not
the home node where I start the scheduler. The memory is seemingly allocated
to kernel as the total memory of all processes (as shown in top) is very low
and insignificant.