List:       openmosix-general
Subject:    [openMosix-general] OM on 2.6, status
From:       Andreas Wilde <Andreas.Wilde () eas ! iis ! fraunhofer ! de>
Date:       2005-05-20 7:20:57

Hi,
we are using OM on a small cluster of Dual-Opteron machines with a
SATA-Hardware-RAID controller. This works quite well for the 2.4.2x
Kernels. Now we are thinking about migrating to 2.6 Kernels. From the
CVS version of OM I had the impression that OM on 2.6 is not SMP
capable, so it would be hardly usefull on dual-cpu-nodes. Am I right?
As we are messing around with this stuff at the moment anyway, I'd
volunteer for some testing, if needed.

Andreas Wilde

Andreas Wilde

Fraunhofer-Institut fuer Integrierte Schaltungen
Aussenstelle Entwurfsautomatisierung
Zeunerstr. 38
D-01069 Dresden

Tel.: 49 (0) 351 4640 852