List:       openmosix-general
Subject:    Re: [openMosix-general] 2.4.26 patch - Oops - freeze - swap
From:       Harald van Pee <pee () hiskp ! uni-bonn ! de>
Date:       2004-06-29 19:59:58

On Tuesday 29 June 2004 20:34, Tibor Kovacs wrote:
> Harald van Pee wrote:
> >Have you ever tried to switch off openmosixcollector instead of swap?
> >I would bet that your stability will increase.
>
> Do you mean disabling only openmosixcollector or load balancing/process
> migration also?

only the collector, but I am not realy sure if this will help.
I put it off because I can't wait very long after a crash until the /tmp
directory was cleaned.
If I remember correctly the stability increases since.

To put off process migration would be similar to put off openmosix if one does
not use mfs, right?

> >I have started to switch of openmosix on some machines (but use the same
> >openmosix enabled kernel). On this machines are no crashs so far.
> >
> >But of course I can test to switch off local swap files on smp machines
> > lets see what happens.
>
> Could you please let me know if it works for you too?

sure,
but because my maximum uptime with Tap's december patch of 2.4.22 kernel is
110 days, I can only report if it does not help or give an status report.

Harald