List:       openmosix-general
Subject:    Re: [openMosix-general] OpenMosix not migrating
From:       Lafeyette_Management <lafeyette_management () comcast ! net>
Date:       2003-12-27 0:59:32

Amol Sapkal wrote:

Hi, Amol.

I'll try to help you if I can....

If /proc/self/lock shows a 0, then migration should be enabled.  If it
is 1 (or some other value????) then migration will NOT take place--it is
disabled.

You described your configuration, but not what you were hoping to
accomplish with your cluster.  If you are trying to, say, load balance
your database and web-servers, then openMosix probably won't be much
help to you.  If, on the other hand, you are trying to run some
processes in parallel for optimum performance (e.g. CPU intensive
processes such as some bioinformatics packages, SetiAtHome or a
parallelized batch of MP3 conversion jobs (Or any similar sort of
cpu-intensive conversion/encoding job) such as voice signal
processing/voice data processing or other numeric bulk data processing,
then openMosix should be just the ticket.

Hope this helps!

Vance.