List:       openmosix-general
Subject:    Re: [openMosix-general] mosrun -j
From:       Josh Lauricha <laurichj () bioinfo ! ucr ! edu>
Date:       2003-09-23 17:06:06

On Tue 09/23/03 18:44, Jozef Ivanecky wrote:
> definitely not. I do not use MFS/DFSA and the nodes I switch off are nodes
> without HDD booted via network. The same is for the rest of still running
> node. Just node 1, used for starting is "real" machine and is still
> running.
>
> Jozef

While it looks like you were misunderstanding what Evan was saying, you
are probably right. Since you are not use DFSA, then anytime seti needs
to access a file (quite often, as it checkpoints its work regularly,
IIRC), it will migrate home. These will lead to lower performance, but
isn't quite what's going on with you (I think).

My guess:
mosrun doesn't remove the locked state after the program migrates back
home. Thus they are all locked to the home node. My suggestion would be
to start them up like:
mosrun -l ...
rather than -j

To see if I'm right, "cat /proc/<pid>/lock" where <pid> is the pid of a
setiathome process that has migrated back home. If its 1, then I'm
probably correct, else I'm wrong.