List:       openmoko-shr-devel
Subject:    [Shr-devel] Suggested improvements for making and receiving
From:       helge.hafting () hist ! no (Helge Hafting)
Date:       2009-01-26 12:10:55

Joel Newkirk wrote:

> I wholeheartedly agree, so I took a look at it a few hours ago.  Attached
> is a patch for call.edc, inside
> /usr/share/libframeworkd-phonegui-efl/call.edj - it adds a call timer that
> replaces the text "Call is active".  Currently it starts counting seconds
> (minutes, hours) as soon as the dialog opens, IE as soon as it places the
> call.  but it's easy enough to change the program "init" to trigger by a
> signal from ophonekitd instead of starting automatically.  we just need
> that signal to be emitted.  Once the timer is started it automatically
> updates the time display every second.
>
> Anyone interested in trying it without patching call.edc (just "edje_decc
> call.edj", patch the call.edc file in the "call" folder it creates, then
> run "./build.sh" in the "call" folder, and finally replace the original
> call.edj with the one it built in the "call" folder.) can download it at
> http://newkirk.us/om/call.edj - just place it as noted in the previous
> paragraph)

I finally got around to try - but edje_decc segfaulted.

> Note that this is entirely within the theme, which means it's just a timer
> for THIS CALL, no capability of totalling call times, etc - that would need
> to be programmatic rather than theme.  (I know the idea of a call timer
> being 'thematic' instead of 'programmatic' may seem odd, but it's just
> something Edje enables us do;)

A somewhat inaccurate timer for "this call only" is probably sufficient.
There are so many different pay schemes around anyway - it depends both
on provider, who you call, where you are, and possibly even when you call.

The main idea is to see when someone pick the phone up at the other end,
  without listening for the dialling tone to stop. And it is nice being
  able to see if it is 5 min or 15 min so far.

> Also note that the same dialog is used for both inbound and outbound calls,
> the timer appears in both.

Nothing wrong with that. For accurate timing, log the outgoing calls as
well as incoming in the phonelog.

Helge Hafting