List:       openmoko-community
Subject:    Re: next costumers location
From:       "Ole Tange" <openmoko.org () tange ! dk>
Date:       2008-04-15 21:39:00

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 1:13 AM, steve <steve@openmoko.com> wrote:

> A. We killed the orange colored phone. May it rest in peace.

As mentioned in other thread the color seems to matter a lot to
females. When it is ready to be used by the general population, please
consider introducing a female-friendly color (red?).

> The thought was this. Shipping to a HUB in Europe and then having that HUB service \
> Europe Would be CHEAPER than shipping to the US and having the US serve Europe. \
> Seemed logical. That was wrong.

How was this computed? From the view of FIC or the view of the consumer?

If I buy from the US I will have to pay shipping (which is at least
double of shipping in EU), VAT (25%), import service fee (USD 30).
If I buy from the EU I will have to pay shipping, no VAT, no import service fee.

If the shipping from US is 80 USD and the phone is USD 400, then I
will be paying around USD 570 to receive the phone from the US.

/Ole