List:       openmoko-community
Subject:    Re: Qtopia coming for Neo1973
From:       clare <u5618 () perth ! dialix ! com ! au>
Date:       2007-09-29 8:16:46

On Wed, 26 Sep 2007, Lorn Potter wrote:
> Not by the operating system, or the LGPL, but by the culture surrounding it.
> How many commercial closed source applications are available for Linux?

Hi Lorn,
Couldn't let that go, they are increasing rapidly  - here are just a
few that are used in the University where I work. Although there are
open source products in these areas, these commercial ones are big time:
Mathematica, Matlab, SAS statistical software, Ansys (Engineering design).
regards, clare