List:       openldap-technical
Subject:    Re: UNKNOWN attributeDescription "..." inserted.
From:       Bastian Tweddell <b.tweddell () fz-juelich ! de>
Date:       2024-02-01 9:48:21

On 31Jan24 16:16+0000, Howard Chu wrote:
> File a bug against the totp module. If it is using this attribute, it
> should be registering it in the schema during module initialization.

Do I understand correctly, that sbin/slapcat should also load initalize
all modules from slapd config?

> > - Is it safe to continue as is or should we define the attribute
> >   "authTimestamp" in our schema extension as well?
>
> It's mostly safe, unless you configured an index on authtimestamp and
> needed to run slapindex on it.

We have not indexed that. Thanks!

> > - Is the removal of attribute definitions from the schema not
> >   supported/suggested at all?
>
> Never recommended, no. If you're retiring a definition, just add OBSOLETE to it.

Great! I'll revert the changes about that and will mark those attributes
obsolete. The OBSOLETE tag is not specified closer in manual. The RFC
says it is an indicator. I think, the tag is _just_ an meta data in the
schema and slapd will mostly ignore it, right?

> > During the composition of this mail, further issues came up with
> > slapd-totp and I would like to add some follow-up questions here. If you
> > prefer, I'll write another mail or I could open an issue on bugzilla.
>
> Open a separate issue in bugzilla.

Will do.

Many Thanks,
--
Bastian Tweddell            Juelich Supercomputing Centre
phone: +49 (2461) 61-6586      High Performance Systems

Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH
52425 Jülich
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Jülich
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: MinDir Stefan Müller
Geschäftsführung: Prof. Dr. Astrid Lambrecht (Vorsitzende),
Karsten Beneke (stellv. Vorsitzender), Dr. Ir. Pieter Jansens