david.gracjan@gmail.com wrote: > Hello, > As part of a project we'd like to know exactly how etime is calculated in openldap. > Is it purely the calculation time taken by openldap to execute the request, or are other parameters also taken into account? It is the time from when the request was received by slapd until the time slapd sent the result message. > Like client time? > > For exemple, in local with a specific filter i do the search in 1 second and the etime in my logs are 1 second. Now i have a client who do the same search with the same filter and he perferm the search in 27 second and the etime in my log are 27 second too. > Does the transfer time count? Does anything else count? If the result is large enough and the client is slow enough, then slapd's output buffers may fill, and then slapd would have to wait for the client to read enough data to unclog the slapd output before it can finish and send its result message. For simple requests with small responses, usually this isn't an issue. > > Thanks in advance > -- -- Howard Chu CTO, Symas Corp. http://www.symas.com Director, Highland Sun http://highlandsun.com/hyc/ Chief Architect, OpenLDAP http://www.openldap.org/project/