List:       openldap-technical
Subject:    Most efficient way to update multivalued attributes
From:       Frédéric Goudal <frederic.goudal () bordeaux-inp ! fr>
Date:       2023-12-20 15:36:40

Hello,

I have to update records with mutlivalued attributes, and I wonder what is the best \
(fastest, or lighter for the server) to do :

- either just set the value with the new list

- or calculate which values to add and which to delete and than do the add and remove \
operations.

And to be a bit more precise, if we have a big number of values is one of the two  \
way best ?

Thanks in advance

f.g.

—