List:       openldap-technical
Subject:    Re: export certificate and key
From:       Howard Chu <hyc () symas ! com>
Date:       2023-10-05 17:08:38

Stefan Kania wrote:

> Am 05.10.23 um 07:02 schrieb Howard Chu:
> > Stefan Kania wrote:
> > > Hi to all,
> > >
> > > I have autoca running with my own CA. And I can create certificates and keys \
> > > for users and hosts. But now I would like to use the certificate and key for \
> > > radius 802.1x authentication so I need to export the certificate and the key. I \
> > > know how to convert a DER certificate to a pem certificate. But before I can \
> > > convert the key and the certificate I need to export it. So how can I do that?
> >
> > Read tests/scripts/test066-autoca for examples of how to do that.
> >
> Does anyone has an answer for an non developer WITHOUT compiling the software. I'm \
> not a developer and I use the packages to install OpenLDAP and the tests are only \
> running on self compiled versions.

The OpenLDAP Project is an open source project. It only provides source code. If you \
have complaint about how your packagers are packing their builds, complain to them.

. The answer of a question should NEVER be "read the source code" "or "compile it \
your self" The answer should be part of
> the documentation

A person receiving the results of all-volunteer work NEVER has the right to demand \
how or what should be given. You are far too entitled and should be ashamed of \
yourself.

--
  -- Howard Chu