List:       openldap-technical
Subject:    Re: OpenSSL1.1.1 support after its EOL
From:       Howard Chu <hyc () symas ! com>
Date:       2022-12-13 15:11:04

Anil 1. Tadikamalla (EXT-NSB) wrote:
> Hi Team,
>
> Can you please help to address below queries ASAP from OpenLDAP point of view:
>
> 1.  Please do let us know if OpenLDAP can provide extended support of OpenSSL1.1.1  \
> beyond the EOL(End of life cycle) i.e after september 2023?

We have no plans to delete support for OpenSSL 1.1.1.

> 2. Does OpenLDAP depend on RHEL for OpenSSL support or Does it package OpenSSL on \
> its own?

The OpenLDAP Project distributes source code. Not binary packages. This question is \
inapplicable.

> If it depends on RHEL and RHEL introduces OpenSSL3.0 support, how
> would this be handled by OpenLDAP?

This question is inapplicable. RHEL does not support OpenLDAP, and OpenLDAP has no \
dependencies on RHEL.

OpenLDAP 2.6 includes support of OpenSSL 3.0.

--
  -- Howard Chu