List:       openldap-technical
Subject:    Re: How to set credential to ldap_gssapi_bind_s?
From:       Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah () symas ! com>
Date:       2021-01-29 17:44:43

--On Friday, January 29, 2021 1:55 PM +0100 Árpád Nagy
<arpadnagy.bp@gmail.com> wrote:

>    Hello,
>

> Thanks for the answer!
> What function should I use if I must supply username/password and I want
> to bind using GSSAPI?
> Is it possible somehow with Open LDAP?

Luckily for you, OpenLDAP is open source software.  You can literally *read
the code* to discover how it works!

I would note that LDAP does not use "usernames", it uses DNs (just a point
of clarification), when doing simple binds.

You should likely start with the ldap_bind(3) man page, specifically
reading up on the ldap_sasl_bind_s function.  I would then suggest reading
over the code for the LDAP client utilities if you want functional examples
for C.

<https://git.openldap.org/openldap/openldap/-/tree/master/clients/tools>

Regards,
Quanah