List:       openldap-technical
Subject:    Re: OpenLDAP with SSL connection and search only with wildcard
From:       Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah () symas ! com>
Date:       2020-06-15 16:54:15

--On Monday, June 15, 2020 7:03 AM +0000 a.leurs@consense-gmbh.de wrote:

> I thought maybe the size limit is exceeded.
>
> But when I go back to a ldap connection (instead of a ldaps-connection)
> it works fine.

Active Directory does things differently than OpenLDAP does.  What actions
are available over ldaps:/// may not match what can be done with startTLS.
You'd need to talk to your AD administrator to determine what actions are
allowed on which ports, or for them to adjust your permissions.

Regards,
Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount