List:       openldap-technical
Subject:    Adding ACL to an Attribute
From:       Drukpa Kunley <drukpa () micronator ! org>
Date:       2019-12-03 17:47:54

["attachment.htm" (text/html)]

  <head>

  </head>
      SYSTEM: NethServer-7.6.1810, a distro using Centos7.6.1810<br>
      OpenLDAP: openldap-2.4.44-21.el7_6.x86_64<br>
      Extra package: Self Service Password<br>
      I am using Self Service Password with question/answer method to
      change the password.<br>
      I store the answer in an attibute named: info.<br>
      $answer_objectClass = "extensibleObject";<br>
      $answer_attribute = "info";<br>
      The original Account provider is LDAP which I want to replace with
      Active Directory.</font><font size="-1" face="Courier New,
      Courier, monospace"><br>
      All the user have to choose a question/answer before I replace
      LDAP with AD as the Account provider.</font><font size="-1"
      face="Courier New, Courier, monospace"><br>
        is still the Account provider, anybody with console access to
        the server can see the question/answer using the command:<br>
        # ldapsearch  -D cn=libuser,dc=directory,dc=nh -w `cat
        /var/lib/nethserver/secrets/libuser` -h 127.0.0.1</font><br>
      People, directory.nh<br>
      dn: uid=toto,ou=People,dc=directory,dc=nh<br>
      ...<br>
      objectClass: posixAccount<br>
      objectClass: shadowAccount<br>
      objectClass: inetOrgPerson<br>
      objectClass: extensibleObject<br>
      shadowLastChange: 18220<br>
      userPassword:: cm9ibTEyMDQ0OQ==<br>
      info: {car}Honda<br>
      I created a Virtual Machine to test the scenario with 3 users.<br>
      In NethServer, the original Account provider is LDAP.<br>
      I did a script to extract the users and their answers to file.ldif<br>
      I remove LDAP.<br>
      I install Active Directory module.<br>
      I import the users/groups to AD. In the importation, AD creates
      new passwords for the imported users.<br>
      I add a section to Self Service Password for AD.<br>
      I modify AD with info.ldip to include the answer.<br>
      # /usr/bin/systemd-run -M nsdc -q -t /usr/bin/ldbmodify -H
      /var/lib/samba/private/sam.ldb /var/lib/samba/private/file.ldif<br>
      Modified 3 records successfully<br>
      #<br>
      The users can then modify their password responding to the same
      question/answer they had with LDAP.<br>
      All is working perfectly.<br>
      PROBLEM:<br>
      I cannot encrypt the answer in LDAP because when I import the
      users to Active Directory, it cannot reads the encrypted answer. I
      think that AD is using another way to encrypt/decypt?<br>
      If I don't encrypt the answer, the importation to AD is working
      correctly.<br>
      While still using LDAP as Account provider and before I change it
      to Active Directory, I would like to add an additional ACL so
      nobody can read the answer stored in "info".<br>
      After googling a lot I found a way to describe the ACL. I hope it
      is the right way.<br>
      access to attrs=info<br>
          by self write<br>
          by anonymous auth<br>
          by group="cn=domain admins,ou=Groups,dc=directory,dc=nh" write<br>
          by * none<br>
      How can I create the content of </font><font size="-1"
      face="Courier New, Courier, monospace"><font size="-1"
        face="Courier New, Courier, monospace">newacl.ldif file to be
        able to </font>add that ACL to OpenLDAP (ldapmodify  -Y
      EXTERNAL -H ldapi:/// -f /temp/newacl.ldif)<br>
      Thank you,<br>
      Drukpa</font>