List:       openldap-technical
Subject:    Re: Antw: RE: [EXTERNAL] Incosistent config after schema modification
From:       Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah () symas ! com>
Date:       2018-01-15 16:23:18

--On Monday, January 15, 2018 8:21 AM +0100 Ulrich Windl
<Ulrich.Windl(a)rz.uni-regensburg.de> wrote:

> Nachricht <5066F03FF8233B456CA521B7@[192.168.1.30]>:
>> --On Thursday, January 11, 2018 8:40 AM +0100 Ulrich Windl
>> <Ulrich.Windl(a)rz.uni-regensburg.de> wrote:
>>
>>> But those weights are non-standard LDIF, right?
>>
>> OpenLDAP is the only directory server to implement
>> draft-chu-ldap-xordered-00 so far as I know.  However, there is no
>> standard  on how server configurations are managed, so it's rather
>> immaterial.
>
> But the mechanism is independent from server management (talking about
> LDIF), isn't it?

Hi Ulrich,

I'm not clear what you mean by "the mechanism".  As far as I know, only
OpenLDAP implements having weighted attributes, and as far as I know, only
the OpenLDAP server has the concept of removing items in cn=config by
weight, or of doing inserts using the weight, etc, which is something
specific to the cn=config implementation in OpenLDAP.

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Product Architect