List:       openldap-technical
Subject:    Re: slapo-rwm intercept and maasage an attribute?
From:       Tim Watts <tw () dionic ! net>
Date:       2013-02-27 13:59:56

On 27/02/13 13:05, Howard Chu wrote:
> Tim Watts wrote:
>> On 27/02/13 12:20, Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
>>> slapo-rwm(5) does not allow to rewrite the password.  It allows to
>>> rewrite the request DN (AFAIK).
>>
>> OK - so you are saying that slapo-rwn *cannot* change data written to
>> userPassword: but it can change other attributes?
>
> slapo-rwm only rewrites DNs.

Ah - I see. Thanks.

So there is no generic plugin to rewrite attributes - apart from
slapo-translucent, that only rewrites them on the way out (AFAICS).

I will have a closer look at your smbk5pwd code - perhaps I might get
some ideas...

Cheers,

Tim

--
Tim Watts
Personal Blog:

"History will be kind to me for I intend to write it."