List:       openldap-technical
Subject:    Re: slapadd not allowed on first database
From:       Marc Patermann <hans.moser () ofd-z ! niedersachsen ! de>
Date:       2012-01-25 8:44:33

Kwasi,

Kwasi Gyasi - Agyei schrieb (25.01.2012 05:13 Uhr):

> I'm trying to migrate data using openldap migrations tools, however I
> keep get error below which I don't understand. I don;t even know where
> ldap is getting the second database from cause I don;t have that defined
> anywhere slapd.conf has only one database.
>
> Error:
> ------------------
>
> The first database does not allow slapadd; using the first available one (2)
This is not your problem. The first database is cn=config, which is what
chris says.

> slapadd: line 1: database #2 (dc=my-domain,dc=com) not configured to
> hold "dc=4things,dc=co,dc=za"; no database configured for that naming
> context
This is your problem. While dc=4things,dc=co,dc=za is in your
slapd.conf, this is not used at all. This is where cn=config comes back
into play. It is used instead of slapd.conf. Check how you slapd is started.

Marc